Do you like bread so much that you can eat it every day, day after day? Do you hold high standards for the bread you eat, that it must be tasty, fresh and healthy (made without preservatives)? Yes, now you can have homemade bread, freshly made every day.
Hi there! I’m John, welcome to my best bread machine & bread machine reviews blog. What beats fresh, warm bread for breakfast? The answer is nothing, not even toast!
Many people still think that bread must be baked the old-fashioned way, kneading the dough by hand, letting it rise and then baking it in the oven, but it takes too much time and effort for working families to do that at home. There’s a better way of doing it. Let bread be kneaded and baked in the bread machine or bread maker while you sleep the night away, then wake up to a lovely breakfast all ready!
Best Bread Machine – Quick Links
- How To Choose The Best Bread Machine – For the first timers.
- Best Bread Machine Reviews – My Top Picks
- Bread Machine Guide – Guide articles related to bread machine.
- Bread Machine Blog – You can find all my bread machine reviews here.
How to Choose the Best Bread Machine
Even though I love baking by hand, I thought that to be able to make your own healthy loaves by just measuring ingredients and pressing a few buttons is the greatest thing since sliced bread. So here’s how you start – by choosing the best bread machine that will help you do that.
Vertical or Horizontal
Some bread machines are tall (vertical) while some are long (horizontal). It depends what shape you like your loaf to be. If you like a horizontal loaf that looks like the usual store bought bread, pick a long bread machine.
Also, consider if it fits in your kitchen. Think about height clearance if you have wall cabinets. If space is a problem you would want to look for a compact bread machine or one with a small footprint.
Size Of Loaves
Bread machine makes loaves from 1 lb to 2.5 lb. Some of the bread makers allow you to choose different sizes to bake. Don’t buy one that is too large because home made bread does not last as long as store brought bread due to its lack of preservatives, but it’s okay to choose a slightly larger size than what your family usually eats because you’ll be sure to eat more of that delicious homemade bread!
- Best Bread Machines By Size
- Small bread machine – 1 lb
- Medium bread machine – 2 lb
- Large bread machine – 2.5 lb
- Flexible size bread machine – 1 lb, 1.5 lb, or 2 lb
Always check the settings of the model you are intending to buy. The specifications are quite important, because they will determine what you can or cannot do with your bread machine. Here are some of the useful settings to have in your bread machine:
- Delay timer – Place ingredients in bread maker, set for a delay start and go to bed. Wake up to fresh bread!
- Dough setting – Use this setting to knead dough in the machine, then you can shape it into buns or pizza to be baked in your own oven.
- Window – For the diligent user who likes to check on the bread.
- Quick bake - Faster bread!
- Pre-programmed bread cycles – For making different types of bread like whole wheat, French bread, gluten-free and even cake.
Make sure the bread machine has a non stick pan so that the loaf slides out cleanly. It will also be easier to clean if the lid and kneading paddle(s) are removable.
Warranty & Durability
The last thing to check for is a good warranty and servicing options to safeguard your investment should anything go wrong.
Best Bread Machine Reviews – My Top Picks
Knowing all that is not enough, you must read bread maker reviews! I have written my own reviews for the best bread makers, hand-picked from all the models out there.
- Best Bread Machine – Best for advanced and novice bakers alike. Very tasty bread!
- Best Big Bread Machine – Best for large families.
- Best Bread Machine for Gluten Free Bread – Makes the most delicious gluten-free bread.
- Best Value Bread Machine – Best for beginners or those with a tight budget.
- Best Basic Bread Machine – Very basic and no-frills.
- Best Express Bread Machine – Bake them fast.
- Best Small Bread Machine – Best bread machine for singles, couples and small households; I highly recommend this because it bakes perfect bread and is extremely easy to use.
If you are still not sure what a bread machine can do for you or if you need some simple video tutorials, then you might want to check out my Bread Making Machine Video Tutorials that I compiled from YouTube. Besides that, you can read more about bread machines here:
- Best Bread Machine Review Blog
- Best Bread Machine 2015
- Zojirushi Bread Makers
- Panasonic Bread Makers
- Cuisinart Bread Makers
- Breadman Bread Makers
- Breville Bread Makers
- Toastmaster Bread Makers
Best Bread Maker Guides & Tips
Here are some short guide articles for bread making with a bread machine.
- How To Choose A Bread Machine
- Using Bread Machine Tips
- Simplest Way To Bake A Loaf Of Bread
- Bread Machine Tips 2
Best Bread Recipes
And here are some of my favorite Bread Machine Recipes to share with you, including recipes for:
- Amish White Bread
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Cinnamon Bread Delight
- French Loaves Bread
- Mom’s Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Bread With Dried Cranberries
Hope you enjoyed reading my bread machine reviews blog